Drum Beats

The drum beats
And I'm moving on
To a different space

The drum beats 
I'm holding on
To a bittersweet manner of speaking
And feeling

The drum beats 
And it calls for me
To glide up on the floor
Swish and step to the rhythm
Couldn't ask for more

Boys want to have it all
Men think that they do
Guys are usually simplified
Gents are so much more fun
Depends on who your talking to

Oh wait I hear the drum
And snap back to reality
I've been such a fool

Oh here it comes again...

I hear the drum
I'm just as good as you

The drum beats
And it's taking me 
To another universe
Where it starlit
And not exactly what it seems
It's got a hold on me

This is how I feel when the drum beats
My marches goes on and forward 
To my destination perhaps my destiny
I'm being patient
I'm living differently
And the drum beats go on

Popular Posts