Plainfield has been good to me

I remember when I'd visit the adult bookstore. I remember when I would tire of it, I would go downtown. I would walk on streets and everybody looked at me.
Cars would stop and people would talk.
They were so friendly. They would give me a ride to the library. When I would walk home I would stop into a bar and have a whiskey sour. Then I would begin my journey, back on the streets. The police would arrest me for improper walking, such hams and baloney. I was an exquisite thing. A jewel or a ruby. That's what somebody told me I'm stuck in a plain field. But Plainfield has been good to me.
Such a peaceful place to enjoy quiet times.
Old tornados, vintage cars and suburban life. I still remember what that man told me bout being a gem. It reminds me- Plainfield has been good me! Just come and see! You can cause a commotion, maybe! Or raise a family. Have a pet or two. And find what's new with the people of the corn. I dare you. All this reminds me! Plainfield has been good to me! 

Popular Posts