The Dragon

I'm the dragon.
I've always been drawn to the tiger. 
And it's nature.
I always spit fire!
I don't prey on your weakness or insecurity.

I'm the dragon
I'm searching for another.
Together we represent the balances of forces.
The east and the west.
The right and the left.

Sometimes I wish I were a Phoenix
Perhaps more beautiful. 
And not thought to be a danger.
It's complex and I'm misunderstood.

I spit silk and fire!
I spit smoke! 
I spit luscious balladry!
I even share some jokes!

But what I desired most
Is to find another dragon
Not to be a power couple.
But to live life in a constant circle of love and balance.

This is what I truly love.
This is what I truly hope.

There has to be another dragon on this planet. 
One that is just for me.
One that can balance my need to be heard and live outside of my body.

I want to understood.
I'm not a monster.
I'm not a fan of others that use me.
I don't want you to live vicariously through me. I want you to be an individual and you have my blessing. I am dragon. And I live and breathe. 


Popular Posts