My Life

 

Nothing surprises me anymore... And I'm not commenting about haters or really anything in particular. I'm sure I invite a lot of it myself.
But I have no regrets. I have personal regrets about maybe how I once treated a few people.
Maybe I could have been kinder or more understanding. But not over pics or employment or driving or living with family etc.
First my life is an interesting one. This is pride month. I went to my first pride at 15 years old.
It was everything I dreamed it would be. I've been in nightclubs since 15 to 30 years old.
I've always died my hair played with my eye brows wore false lashes lash extensions. Make up. Colored my brows. Sideburns no sideburns from fades to a mullet to shaved heads and buzz cuts mascara roots high lights low lights. You can only imagine, wigs, hairpieces partials etc. Braids extensions. You name it. Now I've become weary and tired of all of it and in my down time. I always look like me. I just buzz my self down and start again. I took forever to learn to drive but I finally got my permit a few years ago. And it's been really rough trying to find a job. At least a part time job to support myself. Thank God, I have my family.  I wouldn't know what I would do. I've been very lucky I spent my 21st birthday and the New Years Eve Millennium in NYC. I've seen people come and go. Been apart of debates about gay rights among just people in the community and I've always been more liberal. Lately I'm a classical liberal. As I belong to a church and have some values or morality. But to each their own. Back to my story. I never wanted to drive. I always wanted my trains buses cabs taxis Uber etc.
I moved to a rural area where you kinda need to drive. Although I got my permit, I was turned down for my license. Because of who I was.
I haven't been hired for jobs because of who I was. When I wanted to get married I couldn't so I just had a commitment ceremony. Now that it's legal I can less about marriage and be a gay divorcée. When I was date raped and abused. There was nowhere for me to turn. And now the most concern someone shows if I'm racy or use a filter or not or who is the real me. There all the real me. But you wouldn't know that. When I would walk to the library I would get arrested for improper walking. 

Whatever. When I lost my mind or hurt myself there was no one who understood. And that's all because I am.different and queer and gay. And I'm not equal because I wouldn't be treated this way. Gay people are still fighting for equality. Because we are still not equal under the law.

Until that day comes we must forgo all pretense and fight. Sometimes it's easier or harder for others but we must continue. I use peaceful ways to fight back. I encourage you to do the same. Even one word can change one heart. And that makes a world of difference and the difference is that's a real contribution to the world. And something more profound of an accomplishment. God is Love. And Love is everything. So imagine doing something about love. It's spiritual. It's powerful. It's the important. That's what I do. That's my story. That's my life. Walk a mile in my shoes! 

Wigs make up heels and etc were originally created for men. Now if a man wears them you are an outcast. There was a time if a woman wore trousers or a suit they would be looked at as a serpent. As the world shifts towards the right or left in debate or morae. There has to be common ground. My people were enslaved for 400 years. And you don't ever see media sharing the story and how we preserved our language and customs and culture by writing in the dirt and sand on walls etc. My people had pink triangles tattooed on them or sewed on their clothing. Then tossed into ovens.

To burn and die. While cowardly white men presided over the kingdom. Or barbaric people led others to years of slavery. My people collected in a sacred band of lovers to fight battles. And when it came to recreation and delight we have been struck many times with hate fear and ignorance while we create and have created every trend and work of art that you know of. The beautiful world as you know it.

My life my story my history my culture

#loveislove

Popular Posts