First Place

I stepped into heaven
Saw the mirrored chandelier disco ball
I rested before I was tested
I got in while theres lines to the rear 
And I can't drink
Cuz I might fall 
On my face 
Or break my neck
Trying to contort my body
In every position
It's not restricted 
I let my inhibitions go
I haven't felt so free since Chicago
I stepped into heaven
The angels sighing
While the choir is crying out "Lord" 
"Oh Lord"
I got to keep on moving
I got to set my self apart from the heard
I got to keep sane before I lose my gord
I got to keep on sharing my gift
Without guilt of failure or success
I got to keep getting on my thing
I must 
And you must love me
I can handle resistance
I stepped into Heaven 
God! Hold me! 
Gold mold me into your most perfect work
Then I realized perfection is imperfection 
In the first place

Popular Posts