I began to smile

 You are in my heart/ That's where I keep you/ In my chest/ Not my friends/ Everytime it beats/ And I take a breath/ I begin to smile/ Romance and Best friends/ Lovers do leave you/ Family and hard core sex/ Your best work and your kids always do leave you/ I believe in love/ I always believe in you/ We all be together again/ I begin to smile/ And you know the rest/ I feel better/ I feel good/ I feel clever/ I always could/ I begin to smile/ And you know the rest/ Now that you're here with me/ There is nothing we can't do/ Now that you're here with me/ There's nothing we can't do/ The rest is up to you/ Some thing is ending and something new begins/ This is the law of the universe/ And the only thing that matters is love/ And that is up to me and you/ Should we make plans/ Or is too late/ I just casually show up/ I'm purposely messy and goofy/ Should we write it down/ and not live on the page/ Or is too late to contribute to society and help them navigate their lives to what is cool and learn some virtues in the meantime/ Everybody hurts/ but I digress it's what is in your consciousness/ Everything changes and change is good. I begin to smile and you know the rest.

Popular Posts